Residential and commercial property owners know precisely how problematic dealing with blocked drains can be. This is a prevalent plumbing issue that builds up over time. Most people tend to ignore the warning signs of this problem.
It ultimately escalates to a point where the only way to clear it is to hire the services of a professional plumber. We at King & Sons Plumbing offer prompt and reliable services to our clients across the region. Not only can we handle plumbing problems on residential properties but also commercial ones.
Emergency Plumbing Services
We always recommend to our clients that they call us in as soon as they notice the signs of a blocked drain. Timely intervention goes a long way in ensuring that the blockage is cleared with a minimal amount of trouble to you.
A sewer backup can cause a significant amount of damage to various other features in your home as well, making it necessary to deal with the problem without delay. Here we take a look at what the common causes of plumbing blockages are, and the signs that you should be wary about.
Common causes of blocks in drain pipes
- Most people do not realise it, but all of the food remnants discarded into the garbage disposal in the kitchen sink can build up in bends in the pipe. Grease, soap, small objects, hair, and other items are the everyday things that can result in drain blockages in kitchen and bathroom drain pipes. Many people also tend to discard flushable baby wipes, toilet paper, etc. which aggravate the problem.
- Tree roots are another widespread reason for drain blockages. If the underground drain pipes that run through your property develop cracks, the tree roots from the surrounding soil can infiltrate these pipes, grow and result in a blockage.
- Pipes can become impacted by natural ground movements or pressure from massive tree roots adjacent to them under the ground. This or any misalignment can cause a drainpipe to collapse. In turn, this results in a drain blockage which can be extremely difficult to fix.
- Poorly installed drainage systems can also have flat spots or plateaus in the drains. Too many bends and junctions in drain pipes can also cause similar issues.
Signs of a Blocked Drain
These common signs of drain blockages include:
- The water level in your toilet is lower or higher than usual
- You hear a gurgling sound after every flush of the toilet
- The water in the kitchen and bathroom sinks, as well as shower areas, drains very slowly
- Foul smells emanating from the drainage system
- You find yourself using the plunger very often without much success
All of these are clear indicators of a blockage in your drain pipes. If you are looking for a Sydney plumber to install, maintain or repair your hot water system, feel free to call King and Sons Plumbing on 03 9993 7122. You can also get in touch with us via this Contact Us form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.