Water is a very precious commodity across the globe. We all require it to survive. At King & Sons Plumbing, we encourage our customers to follow some basic water-saving measures and use water and energy-efficient plumbing systems in their homes. Today, there are many new fixtures and fittings in the market that significantly improve the water-efficiency of your plumbing systems.
We can help you with all the information about these. Our team can install these so you can save money on your water bills. Water usage in every home is different, but there are some common changes in your current water use practices that can help you save water and money on your utility bills.
Statistics That Matter
- Most of the water used in our homes, almost 95%, goes down the drain.
- Almost 15 litres of water is wasted during daily brushing because you keep the tap running.
- Something as insignificant as two drops of water dripping per minute from a tap amount to more than 261 litres of water per year. This wastage increases to an incredible 3940 litres per year for a faucet dripping once every two seconds.
- Older toilets that use up to 11 litres per flush waste a lot of water. In comparison, the newer ones are water-efficient and use only 3.7 litres per flush.
Besides, brushing your teeth, toilet usage, dripping taps, and other avenues can result in water wastage daily.
Simple Ways to Save Water on Your Residential Property
- Shorter Showers– A quick shower a day results in a lot of water-saving over time. Putting the tap off while scrubbing is another right way to save water.
- Turn off the Faucet When Washing Your Hands and Brushing Your Teeth While brushing or washing hands, it is unnecessary to keep the tap running. The water flows down the drain which is nothing but a waste. Rinse your mouth after you are done brushing and turn the tap on to clean your hands only after you soap and scrub them.
- Fix All Plumbing Leaks – Fix every leak in your house by calling a professional plumber. As a preventive measure, get the plumber to inspect your home for concealed leaks and get regular plumbing maintenance
- Opt For Rain Harvesting – Express your love for plants by using rain harvested water for your plants rather than turning on your hose or sprinkler.
- Avoid Half-Loads in the Washing Machine or Dishwasher– As a rule, run your washing machines, or dishwashers only with a full load. Half loads waste a lot of water. If possible, hand-wash your dishes to save water and electricity.
- Get Your Vehicle Cleaned At A Car Wash – Take your car for to a carwash rather than use your garden hose for it. Car wash businesses maintain devices to control the use of water as well as to recycle it.
For any information on energy-efficient plumbing installations for residential & commercial properties, feel free to call King and Sons Plumbing on 03 9993 7122. You can also get in touch with us via this Contact Us form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.